download DVD2SVCD 1.2.2 Build 3 Changelog
D2S122B3.zip [8.93MB] released Aug 31, 2004
homepage please donate to the author dvd2svcd
DVD2DVD rips dvd, demuxes, encodes, and muxes all after
(recommended) or TMPGEnc
for encoding, 30GB of free disc space, a fast computer. Note: this guide
covers DVD to DVD±R conversion only, not SVCD or VCD.
You can have DVD2DVD rip your DVD for you with either Internal Routines
or Vstrip or DVDDecrypter
with a plugin. Other options include ripping ALL files to
your harddrive with DVDDecrypter, rip to an .iso and mount with daemon
Input file type DVD
Output file type DVD
Click Default output folder and Set
folder structure. I like to do this as all your files not all
in one directory. If you don't wish to do this at least specify a Subs
folder as there are thousands of sub files extracted.
Scenarist 2.6 or 2.7 is required to mux the video project files.
Set the path to your scenarist executable
CD Label (aka DVD Label) shows in windows explorer.
Use _ to separate words.
If you wish to rip subtitles check Rip subtitles
You don't need to specify any subtitle languages but if you do and they're
present on the DVD then it'll automatically select them. You can also
manually select them right after you press Rip and Convert and the subtitle
selection dialog comes up.
CCE Basic $58 you can do 2 pass VBR. I like 3 passes especially with DVD
4480MB works great for me and I burn on DVD+R.
Blank DVD-R 4,489MB 4,706,074,624 bytes or 4.383GB
Blank DVD+R 4,483MB 4,700,372,992 bytes or 4.377GB
Bilinear is default. No resizing is necessary..this will change soon I
Keep AC3 (5.1 Dolby Digital) and/or DTS. Audio 1 and 2 Priority
just select the default audio shown in the Conversion TAB. You can also
specify which audio stream(s) you wish manaully.
Keep all defaults. It automatically detects which encoding settings should
If you ripped to an .iso deactivate ripping, otherwise, activate ripping.
If you deselect Select new default folder when ripping starts
then Rip to folder can be specified. This is ONLY where
the ripped vobs will be stored and you must specify under MISC tab the
default output folder.
--Click Greeen arrow and chose Rip and Convert to begin
--If your ripping subtitles waiting a few seconds for the subtitle selection
dialog to show up or if you chose to edit your Avisynth script.
--After many hours of processing you'll have about 4.37GB of video files
ready to burn with your favorite burn app. You can preview these files
with PowerDVD, etc.
Another burning option is: Double click DiscImage.dvd
(4.37GB iso image) click burn button in DVDDecrypter.
How to associate .dvd file extension
If you wish to preview DiscImage.dvd with PowerDVD to
test quality before burning, mount it with daemon-tools
by choosing Files of type: All Files (*.*) and locate
31 august 2004 version 1.2.2 build 3
- Bug fix: Well, the "Do not convert audio (use source audio)" didn't work when doing AVI files with AC3 audio, funny thing is that it should have worked because that's why I made it.
- Change: I have downgrade BeSweet to a former version. The latest version was a tad unstable in some scenarios
23 august 2004 version 1.2.2 build 2
- New feature: I have added support for Nic's QuEnc. Now
DVD2SVCD can be run with freeware programs only if you want to :). However
QuEnc is still in it's infancy and it is based on ffMPEG which have problems
maintaing the Average bitrate when using VBR. Many promises has been made
by the developer(s) of ffMPEG to fix this, but they never gets around
to it, hint hint :)
- Bug fix: Using fixed chapters with scenarist wasn't too cool.
The chapters were not sequential.
- Enhancement: If you're converting AVI of DVB files you can select
the audio language (instead of using unspecified)
- Bug fix: The SmartDeinterlace And Blendfields Interlace options
are working again (Bach)
- Bug fix: The GOP Sizes is not locked when using DVDAuthor (Only
scenarist has this stupid limitation) (Bach)
- Bug fix: The CD Sizes in the frame selection window now matches
those in the bitrate tab. (DDogg)
- Bug fix: When selecting "Keep interlaced" Anamorphic
output wouldn't work (alas the 16:9 flag would not be set) when using
- Enhancement: Added support for Donald Grafts (neuron2) DVD2AVIdg
version (Thanks :)
- Bug fix: Quite a few AVI files didn't work right with the internal
audio extraction. (DDogg)
- Bug fix: Fixed the AVI resize calculations. (jsoto and nick)
- Bug fix: If a subtitle stream had an unspecified language the
subs would be extracted completely black (bobwillis)
- Bug fix: When doing NTSC dvd2dvd with Scenarist the subtitles
could sometimes overlap, causing scenarist to fail (bobwillis)
- Bug fix: If you had used MPEG5.1 audio output and then on a later
encode switched to "Do not convert audio" the MPEG5.1 program
would still be run and thus later on the muxer would fail. (Mascot28)
- Bug fix: The Bilinear avisynth script was wrong (addborder was
missing) when doing a clean installation of dvd2svcd (DDogg)
- Bug fix: If you were using DirectShowSource as your AVI reader
in avisynth, dvd2svcd could fail with a file not open if you had been
in preview first. This was due to a minor bug in directshowsource.dll.
Thanks to sh0dan for fixing this so fast :)
- Enhancement: You can now select "Do not convert audio"
when doing AVI2x. But be aware that you're on your own if you use it.
If you get any errors during the process deselect "do not convert
Newbie Reference 1.09b3 html
Advanced Reference 1.0.9b3 html or
Updated Aug 31, 2004